How Opera Saved A Life, Or, Everyone's A Critic

As told to the Aria Serious crew by Michelle in our Development Department who just returned from a hiking trip today:

I was hiking near Lake Tahoe last week. Saw bear droppings on the trail (fresh). Then saw big bear paw prints (also fresh). Figured a bear was nearby (brilliant, huh?) So remembered the thing to do is a) stand still b) be loud and c) allow bear to make his exit. So I stood there and sang “Libiamo” in an Ethel Merman-esque voice. The bear burst out of a bush about 20 ft away and went TEARING off. I’m not sure if it was my choice of repertoire or my vocal technique, but I sure scared the crap out of it.

So, before heading out to the woods 1.) learn at least one opera aria and 2.) forget your singing lessons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are You Listening To This Weekend?

10 Interesting Facts About Faust

Five Things About La boheme You Don't Need To Know But Will Be Glad You Did