What Opera Is Not

The trailer for Repo! The Genetic Opera has been making its way around the internet.

Billed as a "rock opera" I was intrigued at first -- I mean it does star Rupert "Ripper" Giles from Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Ogre from electro industrial act Skinny Puppy (who I'll confess I spent many a night brooding to in my darker days -- VIVISect VI still rules!), Sarah Brightman and Paris Hilton. Heck, even the story interests me in that morbidly futuristic dystopian kind of way.

Alas, I was one of the "lucky" ones who saw a preview of this when Comic Con came to town in July and all I can report that 1.) Paris Hilton is the best thing in the movie and 2.) I wish someone had repoed my eyes... and ears. Anyone? Please?

This is what Opera is not. And yet I can see this movie having a cult following as the cyberpunk equivalent to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Just with more slippery entrails and fetishware, which, we'll admit, has its time and place too.

You can check out the official trailer for yourself below. Or not.

-- Edward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are You Listening To This Weekend?

10 Interesting Facts About Faust

Five Things About La boheme You Don't Need To Know But Will Be Glad You Did