What Are You Listening To This Weekend

After a week hiatus it is back to the lovely routine of picking an opera out of the stacks and giving it a careful listen over the weekend.

This week we throw caution to the wind and break with tradition mostly because my wife is out of town therefore allowing me to watch an opera on DVD in glorious surround sound as opposed to merely listening to it with headphones. I know, I know I simply cannot stand watching opera on TV, but this is a rare occasion because this opera does not exist on record or cd, merely DVD.


Why? I felt like I wanted something different. Heck, I might even have dessert for breakfast and breakfast for dinner, that's how loose I'm playing it this weekend.

Have a great one, and share your listening (or viewing) plans in the comment section below.

-- Edward

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hope you are enjoying Pizzetti's opera! Quite a find! :o)

I'm smorging on the 1954 CD of Cavalleria Rusticana from Munich (Sawallisch/ Varnay, Hopf, Pease, Scholl), and a DVD of Die Soldaten (just because my dad wants me to... I really don't like 12 tone music!!). :o)

Popular posts from this blog

What Are You Listening To This Weekend?

10 Interesting Facts About Faust

Five Things About La boheme You Don't Need To Know But Will Be Glad You Did