Until My Thumbs Are Sore

I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm a gamer. Been one all my life starting with the Atari 2600. And so I'm always excited when I come across opera in video games, which is pretty much never.

Sure, there was Double Clef FM in Grand Theft Auto 3, playing a selection of opera "hits" while I drove around making "hits" of my own, but that's about it.

Via Kotaku comes this trailer for a new platformer currently called "Game #3" that uses Verdi's Requiem as its soundtrack. Sure, the Requiem is not technically opera but it is close enough because it's Verdi and well, because I say so.

Not only does this look fun, but it sounds amazing. So here's a plea to all you developers out there: more opera in video games.

I'll play it until my thumbs are sore. Promise.




-- Edward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are You Listening To This Weekend?

10 Interesting Facts About Faust

Five Things About La boheme You Don't Need To Know But Will Be Glad You Did