Leave the Fasolt Sized Super Big Gulp at Home

The Ring is coming to Los Angeles. I'm excited by this since I've never seen a complete Ring Cycle. Odds are I still won't see a complete Ring Cycle but I'll be catching the individual operas as my schedule allows. First up is Das Rheingold which opens this weekend. As the Los Angeles Times blog, Culture Monster, pointed out, Los Angeles Opera is sending out email alerts that Das Rheingold is 2 hours and 45 minutes with no intermission. For an opera that has lots of water imagery, it makes sense to leave that Giant Sized Super Big Gulp at home.

Los Angeles Opera might want to enter a corporate sponsorship with the makers of Depends. Might help foot the $32 million price tag for this Ring Cycle.

-- Edward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are You Listening To This Weekend?

10 Interesting Facts About Faust

Five Things About La boheme You Don't Need To Know But Will Be Glad You Did