What Are You Listening to this Weekend?

Yay Friday! Since I neglected to listen to any opera last weekend and my ears have finally recovered, this weekend will begin with Piotr Beczala's Salut!, followed by The Tales of Hoffmann which I found in a box of old records while cleaning out the garage (I knew it would be worth my time).

A co-worker who knows I'm on a John Adams kick let me borrow her DVD of The Death of Klinghoffer. I'm sure you know by now that I'm not a fan of watching anything operatic on tv, but apparently this is a film version of the opera which could be good, could be bad, but most probably good since my co-worker has good taste. I'm curious. I'm a little nervous. I'm stocked up on Jiffy-pop, Red Vines, and should I need it, some beer.


What are your listening plans this weekend?


- Edward

Comments

Anonymous said…
Smorg is indulging in an air-check of 'Samson et Dalila' from Salzburg Festival 2003 (Domingo and Borodina)... and must find time for a DVD of Busoni's 'Doktor Faustus' from Zurich Opera 2006 because my pop will be quizzing me about it afterward... :o( (I hope it isn't another one of those 12 tone horrors!).

Happy listening! :o)

Popular posts from this blog

What Are You Listening To This Weekend?

10 Interesting Facts About Faust

Five Things About La boheme You Don't Need To Know But Will Be Glad You Did