While You Were Out


Over the weekend:

The world has a new opera courtesy of San Francisco Opera -- The Bonesetters Daughter. Here's what the New York Times has to say. The wonderful OperaTattler has her own take on the premiere.

It was a big weekend for San Francisco Opera with the abovementioned premiere and the announcement of a $40 million gift. And I was happy when my wife give me $10 for lunch this morning.

Reviews for Los Angeles Opera's The Fly has been buzzing around the internet (here, here and here). Due to some late-breaking commitments here in town my tickets went to my in-laws who told me they enjoyed the show but would be suprised if it was ever seen again.

Readers of the UK's The Sun (which we touched on earlier) attended the opera for the first time and loved it.

Classical Music listeners finally get some download love at the same time vinyl LPs are making a comback which just drives home the point that eventually everything that is old becomes new again, and gives me hope to hold onto my 8-track collection just a bit longer.

- Edward

Comments

I'm so curious how The Fly will be, but will find out this weekend.
Anonymous said…
As someone who saw The Fly last week I thought the old adage "where there is shit there is bound to be flies" never to ring more true than with this one. You must hate your in-laws.

Popular posts from this blog

What Are You Listening To This Weekend?

10 Interesting Facts About Faust

Five Things About La boheme You Don't Need To Know But Will Be Glad You Did